Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Five more pages!

I was a scrapping machine this Easter! Josh was out of town visiting family in Louisiana and so I was all alone for five days! I would have gone, but my boss wouldn't give me off. :( BUT- it ended up being a great Easter after all. I spent all day long on Easter Sunday with my mom scrapping away. My dad played my Wii or watched movies on my Zune and my grandma did her thing resting in her room or watching us scrap. It was a wonderful day for me because I got FOUR PAGES done. Okay, that's a lot for me! I also have one more page to share that I actually did a couple of weeks ago, but never scanned/photographed it. If you want to see them bigger, just give them a clickaroo!

This one I did last Saturday. Peggy's birthday was March 13th and I spent the 15th at my mom's scrapping so I figured it was only natural to do Peggy's birthday layout! I actually really like the way this came out. I used so many different products! For some reason, it's always very easy for me to do a layout about Peggy. I get to use so much cute girly stuff.


This one ended up being, ehhh, OKAY. I think because I LOVED this photo so much and then I really wanted to use some new decorated chipboard that I bought. I think the main problem is the background paper. I'm usually pretty good at choosing eye-pleasing background paper, but not in this case. This should have been used as accent paper because I didn't notice it until it was too late, but the pattern on the paper is crooked. So the whole thing kind of looks lop-sided. I will probably use this layout for my vacation album and scrap the picture again for the album of just Josh and me.


This was a fun layout for me to do! First of all, it's all from my March Scarlet Lime kit. I love me some monthly kits! haha BUT, what I really like about this layout is that I actually did something on it for the first time ever. When I was at The Crafty Scrapper last weekend (my LSS), I saw a chipboard hanging album that had distressed edges on the photograph so I used my Making Memories block and scratched, scratched, scratched away at the edges of my picture. I actually like the way it turned out and will probably use this technique again!


This layout ended up being a pleasant surprise for me. I told myself that I was going to go through my stuff and choose something to use FIRST and THEN choose the photographs. I came across these My Mind's Eye frames that I have had for a while. Then I thought of these silly pictures I took of myself around my 25th birthday last year in the mirror. I printed three pictures on one 5x7 and cut them up to fit in the frames. Then I found this laser die cut that I bought at GASC last year and thought THIS WOULD BE PERFECT! Well, it ended up looking really cute, in my humble opinion! haha And this is one of the very few "me" pages I have done. And I just loved my different sized yellow buttons. My mom liked it so much that she ended up scraplifting me and she ended up with an awesome layout that she's going to frame and hang in her scrap room!


This was the last layout I did Sunday night. I used some paper that I bought at The Crafty scrapper, some journal die cuts that I got in a kit last month, and a rub-on that I got in another kit. The stars are PaperChase (the London paper company that only sells stuff in Borders) and the letters are Q & Company. Love those letters! I ended up using different colors for the R's because I didn't have enough R's in blue... but it ended up working with the page, I think.


Phew! That took me a long time to scan and photograph. Scanning stresses me out, so I think I'm going to stick with taking pictures of my layouts, even though it isn't quite as good of quality. Thanks for looking and any comments are very welcome. :)

9 comments:

Sherri said...

Great looking layouts. I like the one you don't like as much, but can see what you are talking about...

DeeDee said...

You really did a lot in one day! It usually takes me several days to do one layout. :)

I love the distressed look you created on the one pic. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will on my next project.

The funny pics are cute too. :)

Sandie said...

Wow, you certainly got loads done! I love the distressed picture, not sure I'm brave enough to attempt it, lol! Peggy is really cute :)

Brook said...

Everything looks great! I love looking at your LOs!

mborrero said...

Very productive

Sarah Coggins said...

Great layouts! Love the fun papers & embellishments. Awesome job knocking out 4 of them in one day. I'm usually lucky to manage 1. :) tfs!

Heather Bares said...

I love all of the layouts you did!!!

Heather said...

Great layouts! I think scrapping is a great way to spend Easter!

TriciaNae said...

cute layouts amber! i hear you on the scanning thing. i have several layouts i've been wanting to post...but i'm far too lazy to scan them. LOL