Sunday, March 16, 2008

Met some CRAFTY SCRAPPERS!

I had so much fun today! All day I spent scrapping with my mom, my aunt, and my cousin. I got so much done! Okay, not that much, but a lot for me. :) One 12 x 12 layout, an 8.5 x 11 layout, and my very first card meant for Josh's mom. She needs a pick-me-up these days and I thought that a card would make her smile, if only for a minute. :)

I finally got to go to my favorite LSS tonight with my mom. We were very pumped. I warned mom that I already "knew" some girls from The Crafty Scrapper from the message boards, so hopefully they will recognize me so I don't have to be like a dork, "Uhh, hey I'm Amber, do you remember me??" But, I got called out as soon as I arrived by Sherri and was so glad to finally meet some people that I love to chat with online. Carolyn chit chatted with us and has definitely convinced me that crops at stores are not scary like I might fear. Maybe one of these days I will get to go and meet some more crafty scrappers. I missed Dee Dee and Brook and a few others, but I'm sure I will meet them one of these days. :) And, ladies, you are all more than welcome to "steal" any pictures I take! haha I was never mad that anyone took a picture of mine from GASC last year, I just sort of stopped posting everywhere for a while and when I came back there wasn't a message board there anymore.

I came home tonight around 1:30 and talked Josh's ear off about my day. "And I made this! And this! And this for your mom! Then me and Mom went to the scrap store in Waxahachie! And I met my message board buddies! And they recognized me! And I bought some scalloped paper and some Maya Ro-- well, nevermind. But I bought some cool stuff! And- And- And I can't wait to get my scrap room set up!" haha He gave me some "Aww, you're so creative!" and "Uh, huh.. uh, huh.." and some "Wow!" and some laughs and really humored me just the way he knows I like to be humored. haha He is such a sweetheart. He really loves to look at my "work." Which is great because I really love to share it with him. :)

Check back soon, I may update with my work that I did today! All 3 of them, lol. :) And also I took PLENTY of pictures of today, so I will definitely be sharing some of those. I had my camera with me in the scrap store and was a little tempted to take pictures of everyone because I'm kind of a camera-nerd like that, but I subsided. :)

MAN-- That was a lot of smiley faces in one post!

3 comments:

TriciaNae said...

lol. sounds like me after a crop. i once went with some girlfriends to a weekend scrap retreat...and got 4 pages done...in four days!! But...I took like 100 pictures..

Sherri said...

the Crafty Scrapper encourages picture taking !!

DeeDee said...

You should have taken your pics, everyone else does. :)

Glad you got to meet everyone. I was nervous about going the first time since I didn't know anyone and I wasn't sure if people would care that I was younger. It's very welcoming.